header2

As a visual artist, my work stems from being an avid explorer of my environment, where ever I may be. For this 5- plus week residency I intend on mapping the centers, and surrounding areas of Oaxaca and Puebla primarily by foot, opening my senses to the colors, smells, textures and people of this a foreign environment. Although my Spanish is fairly limited, I am determined to establish a sincere relationship with this new place, and in turn, plan on creating a site-specific art installation reflecting my experience. This blog will serve as a collection of data as well as a journal recording of my day to day episodes.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Today's Treasures

The weather finally cleared up during the evening and I worked up some motivation to go explore. These are some snap shots from around the neighborhood. The phrase "no rhyme or reason" was singing in my mind the whole time I walked. It's a magical thing, really.
(click to enlarge photos)













No comments:

Post a Comment