header2

As a visual artist, my work stems from being an avid explorer of my environment, where ever I may be. For this 5- plus week residency I intend on mapping the centers, and surrounding areas of Oaxaca and Puebla primarily by foot, opening my senses to the colors, smells, textures and people of this a foreign environment. Although my Spanish is fairly limited, I am determined to establish a sincere relationship with this new place, and in turn, plan on creating a site-specific art installation reflecting my experience. This blog will serve as a collection of data as well as a journal recording of my day to day episodes.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dîas de lluvia

Woke up this morning and it's raining. Still raining.

 It's a rainy day so I've opted to have a lazy, yet productive day. Got this blog up and running, laid out some ideas, agendas and goals, and other than that, had a lovely lunch (FEAST) with the Arquetopia fam.
Daniella, Chris (director), Francisco (director), Nayeli


2 comments:

  1. A terrific photo. Did you take it? This sounds like a marvelous and rich adventure. I will show your blog to travel writing students in Italy -- summer '14. Ser creativo y hacer arte. Buena suerte!
    --Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Deidre! So glad to hear from you! Yes I took this picture with my Iphone ;) those things are pretty damn reliable! I will be updating the hell out of this blog so definitely keep checking it out and know that all this stemmed from YOUR travel writing class haha!!! Miss you my friend :) oh, and ITALY eh!? Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete