header2

As a visual artist, my work stems from being an avid explorer of my environment, where ever I may be. For this 5- plus week residency I intend on mapping the centers, and surrounding areas of Oaxaca and Puebla primarily by foot, opening my senses to the colors, smells, textures and people of this a foreign environment. Although my Spanish is fairly limited, I am determined to establish a sincere relationship with this new place, and in turn, plan on creating a site-specific art installation reflecting my experience. This blog will serve as a collection of data as well as a journal recording of my day to day episodes.

Monday, September 9, 2013

MACO (NOT moco) and beyond...

Just got back from the Museo de Arte Contemporaneo de Oaxaca where a street art exhibition has gone up including artists: How & Nosm, Swoon, Saner, RETNA, and Lapiztola. It was an amazing exhibition, but what I found to be the best aspect was that once you leave the museum and meander around the abounding streets, you run into numerous other works by these artists in their raw, natural environment. My favorite aspect about street artists is their versatility in that their work can have a place in the gallery, but also, more importantly, their work exists in the streets, for the public. Click to enlarge... And do enlarge.

Swoon. MACO

Swoon, MACO

Swoon, MACO

Saner, MACO

Saner, MACO

How & Nosm, MACO

RETNA, MACO

RETNA, in the streets


Saner, In the streets

Swoon, In the streets.




1 comment:

  1. RETNA IS ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE ARTISTS AND I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT HIS (or HER?) NAME WAS AND THEN YOU LABELED HIS (or HER?) WORK on your blog AND I AM SO STOKED!!! RETNA IS INCREDIBLE! (all caps all the time! can't you tell I'm excited :) LOL) So happy you are there and taking pictures. SOOOO awesome.

    ReplyDelete